Weekly textiles, clothing, shoes and accessories recycling
Leave your bins in a clearly visible place at the edge of your property by 6.30am on collection day. We work as normal on bank holiday Mondays and Good Friday. What if a collection is missed?
Please leave textiles, clothing, shoes and accessories out for recycling in a clear, sealed, labelled bag next to your other recycling.
You can recycle:
- Home textiles such as curtains quilt-covers, pillow-cases etc (not the pillows, duvets or cushions themselves please - just the covers)
- Paired shoes
- Bags and belts
- DON'T put your textiles in your green recycling bin. They can't be easily separated from the other stuff, and may lead to the whole load being rejected. Right thing, right bin.
- DON'T leave your textiles out for us in a charity bag. Due to the risk of us collecting genuine charity donations in error, our staff are instructed not to take charity bags.
Please don't recycle:
- Pillows, duvets and cushions - we can only recycle the covers
- Heavily soiled or worn items
Quick guide to recycling
What if the Council can't recycle it?
- Recycling out and about
- Can I have an extra bin?
- Help for the disabled or elderly
- What happens to my recycling?
- Learn more about recycling and waste