Give your health a boost this spring.
What is Active April?
Now in its second year, Active April is about discovering new ways to get moving in Epsom and Ewell, exploring what the borough has to offer and taking steps to improve your health and wellbeing.
We’re fortunate to have so many parks, open spaces, and sports facilities on our doorstep.
Active April is a chance to try something new. You could enjoy a local walk, have a game of tennis, explore the borough by bike, try some of our new outdoor gym equipment or event join a local leisure centre.
Are you up for the challenge?
For your chance to win £50 local sports voucher, simply share a photo (or video) of yourself taking part using the hashtag #Active April and tag the council @EpsomEwellBC.
If you are not on social media, you can still email your pictures and stories to our Community Development Team on email@example.com.
- Active April runs from 1-30 April and is open to all ages and abilities
- Photos and stories shared after 30 April will not be entered into the prize draw
Follow our activity plan
Each week we’ll focus on a different kind of activity to get you inspired
|Activities||Locations / Useful Links|
Running, walking, cycling
|Week 2||Outdoor gyms, tennis, basketball||
|Week 3||Use your local sports club, activity centre or Leisure Centre|
Movement of your choice, home movement, workouts for over 60s
- Age UK. Simple and easy exercises for older adults.
- Ordnance Survey - Get Outside. This resource brings together current advice from government, local authorities and other outdoor organisations, to help you decide where to go and what to do.
- NHS Couch to 5K. A week-by-week description of the 9-week set of Couch to 5K podcasts. Each week involves 3 runs.
- Exercise with a condition or disability (Active Surrey). Advice and guidance for those with a condition or disability,
- Surrey Ramblers. There are 16 groups across Surrey with each group walking at least twice a week, through Surrey's countryside
- Exercise during pregnancy (NHS). Gentle exercise during pregnancy is good (and safe) for you and your baby.
- Free fitness ideas (NHS). From strength and flex workouts to home exercises and outdoor gyms.
- Surrey Virtual Wellbeing Hub. Virtual events and services to suit your needs.